A game design document is the single point of reference for your video game project. This template using Milanote is a non-linear version that is online and infinite.
The perfect template for planning a video game design
Use this template to plan all aspects of your video game design, from initial idea through to development. Develop characters, gather inspiration for environments and moodboard different levels. Plan your marketing and promotion, and store references for SFX, VFX, interfaces and more—all in one place!
Why use a Milanote template?
Milanote's public template browser allows immediate access to high-quality pre-formatted boards from expert contributors that help you and your team get started faster.
- Create your own private templates to share with colleagues and speed up common tasks and processes.
- Collect all of your requirements in one place—all your notes, ideas and research side by side.
- Create boards within boards to add as many levels of hierarchy as your project requires.
- Export your boards to linear or layout PDFs, or simply invite clients and stakeholders to collaborate in boards directly.
- Access Milanote across all of your devices through a web browser (native apps coming soon).
- Feel safe—Milanote is a secure and private place for your all of your creative projects.