The Story Outline lets you see your story structure at a glance—It's just like your wall of index cards, but portable. You can easily drag and drop to rearrange the key parts as your story comes to life. It's the perfect companion to your manuscript.
The most flexible way to outline
Your outline helps you plan your novel’s structure, plot, scenes, and more. It's easy to get lost deep in the pages of your manuscript but the visual nature of Milanote allows you to easily refer to your outline in one view.
No story outline is the same, so while this template provides an initial structure, it's flexible enough for you to mould it to fit your unique story.
Why use a Milanote template?
Milanote's public template browser allows immediate access to high-quality pre-formatted boards from expert contributors that help you and your team get started faster.
- Create your own private templates to share with colleagues and speed up common tasks and processes.
- Collect all of your requirements in one place—all your notes, ideas and research side by side.
- Create boards within boards to add as many levels of hierarchy as your project requires.
- Export your boards to linear or layout PDFs, or simply invite clients and stakeholders to collaborate in boards directly.
- Access Milanote across all of your devices through a web browser (native apps coming soon).
- Feel safe—Milanote is a secure and private place for your all of your creative projects.