Creating a customer journey map can help you to design better products and services. By drilling down into the pain points and frustrations during a customer's experience, you can quickly identify what needs to change, and brainstorm possible solutions.
The essential template for mapping out customer journeys
By undertaking the mapping process, you can learn about the weaknesses in a customer's experience and ultimately propose a better solution.
A customer journey map can be completed at a macro level to the entire experience with your client's organisation, or focus in on a particular feature of a single product or service. By drilling down into the pain points and frustrations during a customer's experience, you can quickly identify what needs to change, and brainstorm possible solutions.
A customer journey map typically features:
- Audience persona
- Journey stages
- Channels and devices
- How the customer feels vs. should feel
- Solutions & opportunities
Remember, customer journey maps should be maintained and reviewed over time. While you can identify quick-fixes, finding the optimal solution make take longer to reach. You may find it useful to complete a brainstorming session with the outputs of your customer journey map.
This template has been pre-filled with an sample customer journey to show you how it should look.
Sharing and collaboration is simple in Milanote. Once you've completed your customer journey map, you can share the board directly with clients.
Why use a Milanote template?
Milanote's public template browser allows immediate access to high-quality pre-formatted boards from expert contributors that help you and your team get started faster.
- Create your own private templates to share with colleagues and speed up common tasks and processes.
- Collect all of your requirements in one place—all your notes, ideas and research side by side.
- Create boards within boards to add as many levels of hierarchy as your project requires.
- Export your boards to linear or layout PDFs, or simply invite clients and stakeholders to collaborate in boards directly.
- Access Milanote across all of your devices through a web browser (native apps coming soon).
- Feel safe—Milanote is a secure and private place for your all of your creative projects.